Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007 and faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacherokee

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
I have set up Exchange 2007 with UM in our lab. I am trying to get the faxing portion working. Microsoft has said the 3300 need's to do a conversion. All I can think of is setting up a T.38 Intra-zone profile and assigning that to a compression zone. The ports to Exchange are SIP trunks I don't know how to apply the compression zone to trunks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Whats the point, T.38 has been discontinued in 2010 (which is now out). Your wasting your time. Microsoft should have told you that.

The point is I am using 2007. I will cross the 2010 bridge when I get to it...

valid point...just because 2010 is out doesn't mean everyone is going to use it.

I cut and pasted this from Word 97 ;)

I'm not sure what 'conversion' they mean, it's either T.38 or it's not, that's the point of a standard. They may mean that the negotiation fails in the SIP call handling. Try changing the SDP handling in the SIP device capabilities form, allowing multiple m-lines might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back