Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 SP 2 Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irbk

MIS
Oct 20, 2004
US
Any one know when SP 2 for exchange 2003 is supposed to be released? I thought it was supposed to have been out by now but the only thing that I can find on M$.com about it is that it's to be released the "Second half of 2005". Any one have a more specific time frame?

4th quarter 2005. :)

Soon is an other way of putting it. Just keep the mailboxes tip top and get users deleting until you can get up to 75GB.

Look on the bight side - the lnger MS take, the more testing it receives and the more stabel it will be (you can be sure it's not been sitting on the Goods Outward shelves for the last 3 months).

Not worried about Mail store size. Already running enterprize so my mail store size can be something like 2 terabites or some other unbelivelby large size (then again, I remember back when I got my 800 mb hard drive and thought that was huge, now my 30 Gb drive isn't big enough). I'm hoping that SP2 might have some fixes for OMA running on a non standard port. If it comes out on the 19th, thats sweet. I'll apply it some time in November after the bugs have been worked out and they release a 2nd version of SP2......

So if i get understand it well the information store for the standard version will go from 16 Gig limit to 75 Gig ?

Asked this at microsoft and those idiots sayed i had to ask
this question to the xbox support group. Can you belive this ?

Yes, the maximum architectural size a database can be under SP2 is 75GB. Note, however, that by default the limit is constrained to 18GB by a registry entry. You can change this if you want, up to the maximum of 75GB.

[NB We're talking Standard edition here - both values are bigger for Enterpise version]

Thanks zbnet:

An other question where is this registry setting and how do i change it ?

We have sp2 on our exchange server so i would like to set
the database to 35 Gig.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\{server name}\Private-{GUID}

The {server name} and {GUID} components will be specific to your installation - if you have more than one DB, make sure you're working with the correct key.

Under the relevant key, you need to set a new REG_DWORD, named 'Database Size Limit in GB', and set the value to the number of GB you want the DB limit to be (integer, between 1 and 75 for Standard).

Further reading:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back