Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Setup Error - Site Replication Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2002
US
I'm installing Exchange 2003 onto a Windows 2003 Server. I'm Joining to an existing Exchange 5.5 server, and during setup am getting the following error:
"Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC0070002".

Anyone have any pointers to resolve??

Although I am not an expert on Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003, I will try my best to help.
If you are trying to install an E2K3 server and have it co-exist with an Exchange 5.5 site, I believe you need to do the following:

1. Run the DCDiag Tool
2. Run the NetDiag Tool
3. Run ForestPrep
4. Run DomainPrep
5. Run/Install ADC (Active Directory Connector) setup, <-- This step is probably the reason why you are receiving the error message “Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC0070002”
6. Run/Install Exchange 2003

** Exchange 5.5 has its own directory service, which, by default, cannot communicate with Active Directory and Exchange 2003. The Exchange 2003 Active Directory Connector (ADC) is used to allow communication and synchronization between the Exchange 5.5 directory and Active Directory.

Again I am not expert but I hope this information helps. :)
If this is your problem then your next question might be &quot;How do I install an ADC&quot;, I found this information on the net that descibes it how to install the ADC.

To install Active Directory Connector
1. Insert the Exchange CD into your CD-ROM drive. You can install ADC on any computer in the Windows domain.
2. On the Start menu, click Run, and then type E:\adc\i386\setup, where E is your CD-ROM drive.
3. On the Welcome to the Active Directory Connector Installation Wizard page, click Next.
4. On the Component Selection page, select the Microsoft Active Directory Connector Service and the Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management components, and then click Next.
5. On the Install Location page, verify the folder location, and then click Next.
6. On the Service Account page, in the Account box, browse to the user or group that the ADC service will run as, and then click Next.
***Important***
The service account or group you chose must have Local Administrator and built-in Domain Administrator permissions. The account or group that you designate as the ADC service account will have full control of the Exchange organization. Therefore, you should ensure that it is a secure account or group.

7. On the Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup page, click Finish.

Good luck,
BlueManOp

Appreciate the detailed explanation. I have gone through all the steps you indicated, and did get the Active Directory Connector installed. Tested the replication between Exchange 5.5 and AD and watched as it worked great.

The only problem I did have was with another site's name display - it contained a &quot;.&quot; (period). Had the administrator of that Exchange 5.5 server edit out the period, then backed up and restored my stores on my test LAN where I'm doing this work.

The Exchange 2003 continued, after the initial problem, until I received the error &quot;Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC0070002&quot;. So, still not sure why it's complaining, but Exchange 2003 did continue it's installation.

I'm now trying to run Exch2003 but am getting Event ID 2059, 'The DsProxy.dll is required but cannot be loaded, error c00700cb'. This is most likely due to the original error, so am continuing to debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back