Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 OWA hyperlinks in emails requiring logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazbar

Technical User
Apr 26, 2006
GB
Hi All

I believe this will be a setting in IIS but has anyone come across the issue where Exchange 2003 OWA hyperlinks in emails requiring logon?

When you click the hyperlink in the email in OWA you're presented with the login box, but while using Outlook it just goes straight to the website.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jazbar

The OWA browser page needs to be in each user's intranet or trusted security zone with the security option for automatic logon enabled for that zone.

Thanks gigahertz

Unfortunaely that hasn't worked.

The reason I think it may be due to something in IIS is because this behaviour wasn't apparent until some changes were made in IIS to enable connection to Exchange via a Windows Mobile Device. The problem is is that it is so long since any changes were made that I'm unable to trace back what change may have caused this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back