Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 on Win2003 Server Standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoamZone

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2003
US
Will Exchange 2003 Server Standard function properly on a Windows 2003 Server Standard edition? That's what I've got and everything seems to have loaded properly but the Exchange server will not show up in the Server Management list anywhere. Can anyone give me a clue. The server doesn't show up in the list and I can't seem to figure out what to do to make is work. I've done 4 fresh reloads of the machine making slight configuration changes hoping that something would work, but I've had no success. Help Please! Please post ANY ideas.

Roamzone you need to be more specific. Are you deploying on all win2k3 enviroment? I'm assuming your already running active directory?

Specifics. Small office. 5 worksatations all with XP Pro. 1 brand new server. Fresh load of Windows 2003 Server Standard. Setup Domain Controller, Active Directory, DNS, IIS/.Net, made sure specific things such as smtp were loaded as per instructions. I then loaded Exchange Server 2003 Standard following all the instructions. It went smooth without any trouble. But, the "Server" doesn't show up anywhere in the System Manager. When I try to do anything with user accounts it says that there is no Exchange server available. What's the deal? I'm not doing anything advanced here I just want it to work. I've reloaded the entire machine 4 times with minor changes that have given no positive results. HELP!! Please! Somebody give me a clue here! I'm about to spend the money and call Microsoft Tech Support but I'm hoping that someone out here in the world can help me before I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back