Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 on Microsoft 2003 Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justyn

Instructor
Oct 22, 2003
US
I just got off the phone with Microsoft Support and my brain hurt from the 3+ hour conversation. According to Microsoft, the first Exchange 2003 server “Can not be a clustered server.” I have had clustered servers running Exchange 2003 before, but I have not one up as the first server in the Organization.

The situation I have is a conversion from Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain to Exchange 2003 (Enterprise) in a new Active Directory Domain. The Exchange 2003 server will be joined to the existing Exchange 5.5 Organization to facilitate the moving of mail boxes in a phased approach to the migration.

Does anyone have any ideas, or have you ever heard that the first Exchange 2003 server can not be a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise cluster?

Thanks,
Justyn

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

Thanks for the reply.

The Q article is for Exchange 2000 are you sure that Exchange 2003 Enterprise with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise is the same situation? I can not find anything on Microsoft’s site that references the issue on 2003.

Thanks,
Justyn

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

Look at the bottom of the article, in the "This Information Applies to" section. I'm absolutly positive this still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back