Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 into 5.5 Org

Status
Not open for further replies.

gl3n2k3

MIS
Dec 10, 2003
US
Installation setup hangs up and logs (exdeploy) indicate the following:

[15:18:52] HrDirPreReq_Test (f:\titanium\dsa\src\deploy\dsintegchk\dsintegchk.cpp:2133). Error code 0XFFFFFFFF(65535).
[15:18:52] Error: PublicFolderCheck-dsidfw was never run.

--------------

If I run exdeploy /t:pubfoldcheck against that server the log indicates "- Error: Could not connect to the Exchange 5.5 server 'dsidfw:389'. Tools that require an Exchange 5.5 server will not run."

I can ping that server, browse it, and have full access to that AD directory.

Any one experience this kind of problem???? Thanks in advance.

5.5 isn't listening on LDAP port 389. If you installed 5.5 on W2K, you probably changed the port to 379.

it is listening on port 389. i verified that using netstat -an to look at the ports. I did change the port to see if that would fix it but same problem.

I used a network sniffer and found:

Protocol: LDAP Invalid message (Can't parse sequence header: wrong type for that item)

I haven't done this - I'm about to in the next month and I believe that you must change it from port 389 if you have Active Directory. I think 388 will do, 389 clashes with AD.

sE

In my expierence you have to change the port to 379. I tried off shoot numbers but Active directory will take hold of port 389. There are 2 places to change the protocol and ports in 5.5 and you have to do it in both places and should work like a charm! Port 379 is the way to go.

well i think u have to change the ldap port in exch 5.5 to something other than 379 and 389 because port 389 is being used by ldap and when u install ex 2k3 379 will be used by SRS site replication service . so its better if u change it to 1389 .after changing the port restart 5.5 services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back