Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 / GroupShield 6.02 Arrrrgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

anawrocki

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have two identical mail servers that both are Exchange 2003 SP1 and Groupshield 6.02. They have a moderate to high load but the hardware is solid. Dual 3.2 GHz Xeons and 6 GB of RAM. Windows 2003 Enterprise / Exchange 2003 Enterprise.

Generally performance has been very good however lately with absolutly no warning the servers drop and reboot. Has anyone else seen this?

I have tried lots of things to remedy situation and like just about everyone, I always suspect Group Shield. The latest thing I have tried is disabling the Transport Scanner in GS (YES THESE ARE BACKEND SERVERS) e-mail is being scanned on a seperate relay.

Any help would be appreciated

have you tried disabling automatic rebooting of the server to see what it's blue screening on?

It does not blue screen. It behaves as if the server lost power momentarily. However, I have two servers doing this.

what does your version report for mcafee say

i have similar here and no probs
not dells though - hp's

can you give me full stsus report
it gives vsapi version etc
it'

With regard to the rebooting/losing power etc... the default setting on servers/xp clients is to auto reboot on error. This has the same symptoms... i.e no warning, just as if you hit the reset button.

Disabling the auto rebooting option actually displays an error/bluescreen.

I am experiencing the same issue on ML350, SBS2003, GroupShield... haven't turned off reboot option to check blue screen / error.

please post results, if you've found a resolution... I suspect groupshield and backupexec agent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back