Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9187 and 9186 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

white43210

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2004
US
I keep getting these event id's in application event viewer. I followed instrcutions for same problem on Exchange 2000 removing and readding the server to the group "Exchange Domain Servers" and restarted all services, but it did not fix my problem.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1. You could run policytest to see if there are any rights issues.

2. You could use adsiedit to verify the members attribute of the "Exchange Domain Servers" Domain Global security group.

3. You could use adsiedit to verify the membership of the Domain Local security group "Exchange Enterprise Servers" to ensure that it contains the "Exchange Domain Servers" group from each domain.

4. You could check the evenit ID 2080 to figure out which DC Exchange is hitting for the configurtion container, and validate that any changes to the members attribute have replicated there.

I'd guess it's nothing more complicated than replication latency.

Good ideas .. In Adsiedit I should find the DN name of my exchange server as one of the values next to members correct? And if I don't can simply I add the value using the Adsiedit tool? As I said I have already removed the server from the group and readded it using the snapin Active Directory Users and Computers and that is not working for some reason. Enterprise Exchange Servers does reflect Domain Exchange Servers as a member.

You should be able to add it through the GUI, through LDP, or through ADSIEDIT. This big question is did the change replicate from the DC on which it was made to the DC Exchange is pointing at for the config container. It could simply be an AD replication latency issue, or at worst an AD replication failure.

Replication really shouldn't be an issue as I only have one AD Domain controller right now. I did check Adsiedit and although the server was listed as a member in the AD users and computers snapin it was not listed as a member in the ADsiedit utility. I added it however I am still getting the error messages. I did restart all services.

Check to see if the computer account is on the permissions for the admin group and it's own server object.

Ok .. I looked at the server object as well as the exchange domain server object permissions and they both had an unidentified object which had permissions. I am almost positively sure that the object used to be the exchange server. I deleted the object and added the exchange server. However what rights should the computer account have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back