Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Private Store Limit problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stergiosnik

Technical User
Sep 19, 2007
GR
Hello all.

I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition. In the Application log I saw this error message:

"The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 82 GB. This database has exceeded the size limit of 75 GB. However, the logical free space in this database has not yet been evaluated. Therefore, it is possible that this database contains enough free space to bring its logical size below the maximum size limit. If the logical database size exceeds the maximum size limit, it will be dismounted on a regular basis."

Also, I saw the following entry regarding the Public Folder size in the Application Log:

"The Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Public Folder Store has unlimited storage capacity. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is <1 GB. The only size constraint for this database is the maximum size that is supported by the database storage engine (8000 GB)."

I checked the following registry setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Server name\Private Mailbox Store

and there are two registry entries for two Private Stores that have a limit of 75.

I have only one Private Store and I do not know how the second registry entry appeared.

If I increase both Private Store registry entries from 75 to 90, will this cause any problem to the Exchange server?

Thank you in advance.

Stergios

Whoops - sorry, submitted before I was done. Export the registry key to a file, delete the entry, and then restart the Information Store. See if that helps.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Hello.

I deleted the registry entry. Now Exchange reports that the database size is unlimited.

Thanks.

Stergios.

Okay - what I would do then is to recreate the registry entry, and set it to a limit that's under what your physical storage can handle. That way, if/when you approach that limit, Exchange will dismount the store before you max the drive/array and corrupt data.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back