Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiMMeL

Technical User
Sep 29, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am currently using Exchange 2003 in ther SBS version so I use the integrated POP3 Connector.
This connects to the ISP and downloads all the email and throws it back out if there are E-mails send. This works all perfect. We need this solution for now since our internet conetcion is flaky and not reliable enough to make it a real receiving/sending server. But now we have a person out of the office and that is where the problem starts. If we send email to this person the server will just hold it because it has the account on the local server. If you delete the account the local usrs get a non delivered message since the email is not known. So I would like to find a way to have all her email forwarded to an external address like hotmail etc. and keep her account on the server.
So far I only found forwarding to local email accounts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pim

Are you running an Active Directory domain? I am not that familiar with the SBS version of Exchange 2003, but with the Standard and Enterprise editions they require AD.

In order to set up forwarding to an external email system such as hotmail, you must create a contact in Active Directory. After the contact is created, you can select that account as the forwarding account.

You have to mail enable the person and not create a mailbox. Mail enable forwards mail to a specified email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back