Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange 2003 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterpjz9

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I want to set up Exchange 2003 beta to run on my Windows 2003 Server, with a dynamic IP address. I set up the server as a domain controller with the domain jz.local. After I installed Exchange server, I tried to send an email using the webmail part of it, and I got a reply that said it couldn't be sent because of my domain name or something. Can I set up Exchange server with a dynamic ip address? Can I have my Exchange domain name different then my domain name for Active Directory?

create a new recipient policy with your new "exchange domain", filter for users who needs to be updated

make sure your mx records point to you server

it is still the same as E2K

/Bart

I would not use a dynamic IP address for your exchange server, if DNS dosent update fast enough you will have problems, and if you IP changes your MX record will fail.

Microsoft recomends static IP's for server for a reason.
Have a nice day Doomhamur
Network Engineer

"Certifications? we dont need no stinking certifiaction."

Open exchange system manager>Your_Org>Recipients>Recipient Policies.

Then go to Recipient Update Services.

Make sure you have defined a filter for the affected users in the policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back