Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 BackupExec 12.5 Mailbox restore option not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
Keep in mind I am somewhat of a novice with Backup Exec, I know enough to be dangerous. :)

We are running Exchange 2003, and Backup Exec 12.5. I am using backup to disk folders on a Windows Storage Server 2008 NAS device. I had originally configured full and incremental backups, but found that the incremental backups did not allow GRT unless defined in a policy. So I created a policy for both Exchange backups.

Now the problem is, when going to a restore job, the only thing that shows is snapshot backups of the information store and I cannot restore individual mailboxes or messages. Can someone guide me to where I may have screwed this up? The full backup was working properly until I put it in the policy.

Thanks for your time

Matt Wray

Well apparently after working with Symantec support for several hours, using GRT across the network to a NAS is a very buggy application.

Luckily for us, our NAS happens to run Storage Server 2008. So I created an iSCSI target and carved them a chunk of storage. Added it onto the backup server and bingo, we're back in business.

Here is a pretty cool video for anyone that does not know how to set up iSCSI targets and initiators, [link]http://edge.technet.com/Media/How-to-setup-iSCSI-on-Windows- Server-2008-11-mins/[/url]

Hope that helps someone else

Matt Wray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back