Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 administrative Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorh13

Instructor
Sep 18, 2000
GB
Please help as this one has my stumped:-

I have two Exchange 2003 servers in a front end back end configuration.

I have no problems other than when it comes to creating new users. The user account is created and mailbox enabled. However the mailbox does not get created within the mailbox store. In addition to this email addresses are not added to the user account properties. I have left accounts for three days and still the email properties do not get updated. I used to be able to force a RUS update which seemed to fix the problem. This is no longer the case and now have to reboot both servers before the exchange details are updated correctly and the user can access mail.

I have checked event logs and can't see anything a miss.

Any ideas as I have run out of ideas short of reinstalling exchange? Incidentally if I reinstall Exchange over the top is it going to repair my existing installation or is it going to loose everything and force me to start from scratch?

Any help on this as always is greatly appreciated.

I have come across this before, you need to service pack your exchange servers and this should resolve your problem.

I may be wrong, but I think the mailbox does not get created until a message is actually sent to it. Maybe not for E2K3, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked for E2K. It's worth a shot before reinstalling anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back