Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2001
US
When I run the backup agent configuration utility on the exchange server I get "Failed to get the information for the specified account, EC=1314." I am configuring these options with the dbagent account that I have created in the domain. It is a member of administrators and of backup operators on the local machine as well as in the domain. I have delegated full exchange admin rights to it. I have stopped and started rpc services and gave it log on as a service right so the arcserve rpc service logs on with this account. This account is able to open outlook, it can open system manager. I can't think of anything else. I am running exchange 2000. Arcserve 2000 with sp3 on the client. The only thing I have found for this error message relates to linux. I am logged in as dbagent(my backup account) when I am trying to configure the backup agent. Did I miss something somewhere. The only thing I can think of is that all my exchange servers are in a child domain and so is the backup account any ideas.

Hi there,
For the exchange agent, service account admin rights are required throughout the organisation. Also your user must be Domain Admin and have Domain Admin as it's primary group. Also, initialise the mailbox with some mail.

let me know how it goes.

G

I have never gotten this to work. It has been months and I have tried everything possible. This feature does not exsist to me.

I have exchanged emails with CA three times now and still no solution. All the rights look good according to what they say.

All:

Funny thing here. After reading the post on the withdrawal of SP4 I went back to trying to install SP3, which for some reason neiher SP could detect the ARCServe software, (SP3 still cant locate the s/w) and guess what?

SP3 *DID* detect and upgrade the Exchange agent which would not install correctly after I had followed all the instructions (nevermind that the instructions are written for NT 4.0 and we use 2000). I then ran the agent and it registered itself on the system successfully! Now well see if we can do brick-level as well as database backups.

Can someone tell me whats going on here?!?!? As for the SP4 or SP3 not being able to detect ARCServe I was told by support to uninstall, reinstall and do a repair on the software and do a few reboots. Umm, nope! This thing runs on our main server and thats a no-no. We will be bringing a new stand-alone backup server soon. Can't say that ARCServe will be the software installed on that new server...

Regards,
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back