Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 server staus "Unreachable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeZ1

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
GB
Its a bit of a strange one to me this

I have 2 exchange 2000 servers.. 1 is a clustered Exchange server running on W2K Advanced. The hardware is a Compaq CL380(Cluster in a box). The second server is a standalone server but also a global Catalogue server. Both servers are running W2K SP2 and E2K SP1

But servers are operating properly. Mail is flowing internally and externally without issue. All Exchange Services are running on both servers, however, when I look at the server status within the Tools container of System Manager both servers report as "Unreachable". A look at the detail on these status monitors shows me all exchange services are running on both servers.

Although I am not concerned as everything is functioning, I would like to use this feature to monitor the servers but dont want to set up notifications in case I am constantly receiving alerts.

Thanks

I have the exact same issue. No cluster though and neither of the servers is a DC. Both my servers are Ex2K Ent SP2 on Win2k sp2 and we are using Dell hardware.

Was a fix ever found for this post? I'm having the exact same trouble. I installed another copy of Exchange server, thought whoppee, let's look at my status and it's tough, server unreachable. Everything else works very nicely thank you very much. I'd love to know what's wrong and how to correct it because I think this cross monitoring is potentially excellent!

My one possible wildcard entry is that my original Exchange was Exchange Server on Windows 2000 Server, and my second install is Exchange Advanced Server on Windows 2000 Advanced Server!

Thanks!

Martin

It just went away... It MIGHT have something to do with upgrading all the domain controllers to correct a performance problem. They were 266mhz machines and now are 450 ~ 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back