Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Recipient policy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
GB
I have a recipient policy set up as follows:

(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(msExchHomeServerName=/o=Exchange Organisation/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGE4)) )))(objectCategory=user)(displayName=mccallum, john)))

If I "Modify" the policy and run "Find Now", only this user is found. However, when I run the Mailbox Management Process on the server to report on aged mail for the user, the process reports back on 63 users. What am I doing wrong?

John

The Mailbox Manager looks at your entire server, not 1 user, so it will report all that fall into your aged mail range.

This does not appear to be the case. If I remove the single user parameter and report on the server, e.g.:

(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*))) ))))

Mailbox Manager report on all 2900 users on server, not the 63 it reports on if I try to restrict to single user.

I have done some further reading on Recipient Policies and Mailbox Management and it seems that I really should be able to filter the policy to only work against the user or users I select. Is this a known Microsoft bug?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back