Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXchange 2000 Public Folder Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhousesti

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
US
I am trying to recover to an exhange recovery server and am unable to get into public folders. I was able to retrieve mailboxes by recreating the accounts and associating the mailboxes to them, however when I try to get to the properties of the public folders in Exchange System Manager I receive the error: There is no such object on the server
Facility: LDAP Provider
ID no:80072030
Exchange System Manager

Can anyone help with this problem?
Bill

how did you retrieve the private information store files?

<signature for rent>

At first I tried to restore the machine to the original state. It is AD and EMail for my domain. This did not work. So I built a recover server and was able to get the private and public .edb files off the tape. I was able to mount the stores and had no trouble recreating accounts and associating them to the mailboxes. I can mound the public store but when I try to get to them I get the error in my post.
Bill

I am currently having this same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back