Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000/OL2K - Calendar & Task List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfdog

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I am wondering if it is possible to create a new calendar & task list with out creating a new account?

I have about 5 users who need to share 1 calendar/task list, and I don't want to delegate 1 persons calendar/task list to the other 4.

We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000. I would think that there is something in Exchange that would accomplish this.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Nick

Have you got shared folders, if so you can create a new calendar, task list etc within this area. Hope this of help.

Fatz

How about...can I create an account on the exchange server, but not an emai account? Then someone can log into the account and update/view the calendar, but can't send mail.

Possible????

Nick

OK...let me start over.

I am going to restate what i am trying to do, since there is some things that have changed.

Plan:
I have 4 people who need access to 1 calendar/task list. It can't be a calendar from 1 of these 4 people, it has to be a calender by itself. 2 of the 4 people need Owner rights, and with that, these 2 people need a reminder sent to them. For the other 2 people, they only need Read rights, and they do not recieve reminders.

I thought about creating a new email account, but don't need this account to have any email capabilities. Can I do this?

Basically, all I need is an account that ONLY has calendar and a task list.

Sounds simple, but....

Appreciate your help.

Nick

Copy one of the calendars to the public folder section. It is now a PUBLIC CALENDAR. Assign owner to the 2 you want and the proper permissions to the other 2. All will have access, 2 will own and it will not take a calendar from anyone. If you do not want to have a bunch of enteries already in the calendar, then just add a new one to the public folder. Then do the same with permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back