Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 : no incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pristle

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2003
NZ
After a rather arduous recovery on a crashed SBS 2000 system I finally have everything up and running, Service Packed and patched to the hilt. Or so I thought.

The Exchange side of the system is a front-end mailserver, with the ISP providing a "mailbagging" backstop. I've been in touch with them and they say that their system had downloaded all they were storing and that everything seems to be working fine.

The problem I am seeing is that mail is not reaching the internal clients in either Exchnage mode or even POP3 mode.

I sense it may be a DNS issue but, sending of mail is a breeze and so is browsing the web via ISA.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.

I managed to get the users to a point that they can receive mail. I just have to figure out how to requeue that which thay've not collected yet.

My solution: I went through the whole gamut of checking DNS, TCP/IP, etc. Disconnected/reconnected a couple of the larger mailboxe. And then ran "ICW" for the umpteenth time. but this time it worked.

P.

ICW = Internet Connection Wizard. A very handy little tool with SBS2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back