Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Mailbox not created

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijmat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a strange problem with Exchange 2000 lately. When I create a user using "Active directory Users and Computers" and assigns the mailbox and the exchange server/Store, it says every thing is fine and it has created it. But when I go to Exchange 2000 System Manager, I cannot see that user. Some users take like 3 days to appear in the System Manager and for some users it does not appear at all.

In short Exchange 2000 is not creating the mailboxes when users are created in the active directory. Until last month everything was behaving fine, but lately this has caused me lots of problems. I have browsed through Technet and Microsoft support sites...no luck.

Please help.

Thanks

Viju Mathai

I have already tried the "Recipient Update Service" and did "update now" several time.....no luck

Somebody please respond and help

As long as you have an up to date backup give the server a reboot. Worked for me :eek:)

I have seen this too. Have you tried sending a test message to the newly created account? I have found that the ESM does not show the new mailbox until either the user has logged in for the first time or mail has been sent to the mailbox.

Exactly, the mailbox needs to be logged into first.

I have tried to log into the mailbox after creation and proper replication.....no luck.

I have found a way around it though. I created a second Mailbox store and after user creation, I move mailbox to another Store. This forces the creation of the new mailbox.
This does not solve it, but it is a way out.

Thanks

Viju Mathai

That doesn't make sense...

What if you try to mail it before you see it? Does it show up and have mailbox resources? I think your not waiting on the RUS after you create the account.

Connect to the DC the RUS points to and create the mailboxes on it. This should remove the latency. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back