Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Mailbox issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannuzzelli

Programmer
Jan 4, 2003
US
This may sound very basic but...

I have 2 Windows 2000 Advanced servers. 1 is my fileserver and the other is my mail/web server. I am running Exchange 2000.

Previously I had created 3 users in Active directory and created 3 mailboxes for those users they work great.

Recently I added another user like I did before and created a mailbox. Everything seemed to work fine but for some reason the mailbox was never created.

I setup an exchange account in outlook and the user was found.

I do not know what I am missing or maybe I forgot to do something, but for some reason the mailbox does not show in Exchange and the user can not access from outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would do a couple of things. In active directory under exchange I would right click this user and view all exchange tasks. See if create mailbox is allowed. If so, the mailbox wasn't created. If it was, delete it and try to recreate it.

Alternatively delete the user completely and recreate the user and mailbox. You could try another "test" user first to see if the same thing happens again.

Check your event viewer for error related to exchange and search for the error ID's ion technet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back