Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange 2000 issue,please help an intern at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjccie

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
hello, i am experiencing a technical issue with exchange 2000 at my internship.
The issue is the following:
I use "terminal services" to log in to an exchange 2000 server in another room.
I then click on programs, administrative tools, active directory users and computers, right click, and have options such copy,add member,move and specifically "exchange tasks".

Now when i use another computer to access active directory , mind you now terminal services is not being used, I do the same thing.
I click on programs, active directory users and computers, right click and have the same options as from the above scenario : copy, add member, move BUT I DO NOT HAVE "EXCHANGE TASKS" AVAILABLE TO ME.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THE "EXCHANGE TASKS" IS NOT AVAILABLE? IS IT BECAUSE THAT OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE SERVER WHERE THE ACTUAL EXCHANGE SERVER SOFTWARE IS INSTALLED?

thank you for any help you can give to a frustrated intern.

You need to install the Exchange Management Tools (from the Exchange CD) on any system you want the Exchange Tasks to be available on Active Directory Users and Computers. It's a feature.

The snap-in components need to be added even though you may not use the Exchange Tools directly.

Pax,
Richard

You should also install SP2 if you have installed in on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back