Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000: External Mail not being received/sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazadaba

Technical User
Jan 21, 2002
GB
I have performed a Exchange 5.5 migration to a new Windows 2000 Server.

I have followed the KBAs for migration: installing and configuring ADC, forestprep, domainprep, and performed the move mailbox migration.

I then proceeded to remove 5.5 from old server, and that's when my problem started.

I receive external mail, and can send mail internally. But mail to the outside world is not received!

I have external DNS set-up, and everything seems fine except for RPC error 9318 in event view (still looking for the old server)... mmm...

Can anyone help???

Thanks

Barry

No-one replied to my thread, and so I had to find the answer myself... :-(

A problem with Migration 'Move Mailbox' method, is that the Exhange mailbox direction defaults reset, and therefore X.400 mail is trying to send via the old Exchange 5.5 server (even though it doesn't exist)...

The workaround (as Microsoft say "are aware of this problem".. but with no resolution) is use ADSI edit and remove any occurences of the old server within the "services/exchange configuration" section.

Hate replying to my own question, but someone might want to know this! :)

Hi,
I it seems that you have a problem that can be my solution.
I have a customer who would like to restrict a group of users to send and receive mails from internal users only. While another group is free to send and receive mails from internal and external emails.

Does Exchange 2000 has such capability?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back