Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 can't delete / move items from Public folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarquin

Technical User
Jun 17, 2001
AU

I have Owner status for the public folders that I am working on yet I cannot move or delete items in these public folders. I can read, copy them to other folder etc but I cannot delete and the folders are getting too big.

I have tried removing my owner permissions then re-adding them via an admin account, which has the same problem moving or deleting. But no luck.

Some users have also reported that they have this issue with their mailboxes.

It is definatley a permissions issue,

Check the settings for client permissions in Sys Manager - Admin groups - servers - first storage - public folders store - public folders, right click properties, then permissions tab.

Make sure you have those settings correct, other wise it ain't going to work.

Long shot, but check the NTFS settings of the folder your databases are stored in.

Tarquin

Look for PFDavAdmin online this program works magic for public folders permissions I just fixed ours last week. Make sure u follow directions. Let me know if you had any luck if you can't find it let me know and I will e-mail u a copy. Later

Simonrf

Thanks for looking at this. On the Client Permissions I am 'Owner' for these folders. NTFS permissions are open for me as well.

Mzysk

Thanks, I'll have a look for PFDavAdmin.

Have a look for any deny permissions in the administration right pane (just below client permissions), obvously deny takes presidance over allow.

Also have a look at Directory rights and check for the same thing.

You could also try writting down all the user rights you currently have for a folder, in System Manager, then remove then re-add all users (you currently have, unless you can see something wrong) and see if that does the trick.

Good luck.

PS Do you have the same problem on all public folders or just one, what about it you make a 'test' folder and play with that one, does it have the same results?

You can also try adding yourself to the "Enterprise Admins" security group and then try removing the folders again.

I tried the remove and re-add permisions option last week.

I am a member of enterprise admins group.

This happened as I was clearing some public folders, I did 2 OK then on a third folder it let me move 1 email before coming up with the error message.

I can copy folder contents OK so I would say it's just the permission to delete (I can't delete copied items). I'm coming to the conclusion that I've got a corrupt mail store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back