Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 backup - BE9 Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoadmin

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
We're getting the below problem when trying to backup exchange 2000 with the exchange agent with Veritas Backup Exec 9..

The installer seems to have put some sort of Remote Agent on the server, (dont know why), but what seems to happen is, the server backups up the system state, c: and d: drives, then gets to the Exchange Mailboxes and after doing almost nothing for about 10minutes.

At this point the remote agent stops unexpectedly, but it can be restarted but just seems to stop again.

The job cancels with the below error. Upto now I cant find this error anywhere on Veritas' support page, anyone else have any ideas??

Error as below:
===============
Final error code: a00084f8 HEX
Final error description: A timeout occurred waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown.

Thanks

Is this an upgrade? If so, did you upgrade the Remote Agent after you upgraded BE? BE requires the Agent to be upgraded. To do this you can go to the BE interface and select tools -> Serial Numbers and Installation... at that point (after going through the EULA) clear the check box for Local Install and check the box for Remote Install. Select your server from the list or manually add it and run the install. This may require a restart. I am assuming (I know, you should never assume) that this is not your BE server.

We do not have centralized backup as yet, and this machine was installed from a clean/fresh install of Backup Exec 9.0, the remote agent was installed almost by default it seems,there was no way I could select/unselect it in the setup though which is whati found very strange.

thanks for finding that :)

least i know i know now its not something i'm doing wrong, as it happens our server is a exchange 5.5 server that has been upgraded to exchange 2000.

oh well, here's hoping they come out with a fix quickly!

thanks for finding that :)

least I know now its not something i'm doing wrong, as it happens our server is a exchange 5.5 server that has been upgraded to exchange 2000.

oh well, here's hoping they come out with a fix quickly!

I was having the same problem. Called support and they forwarded a patch for the remote agent. They indicated that it would be on the site in the next couple of days. Hope this helps.

it isnt be4367RHF7_255407.exe is it? as this doesnt state anythin to do with the exchange mailbox problem..

No- There is another patch only available if you call Veritas. I just checked and it is still not available on the support site.

I rang yesterday and was told it was still being worked on (the patch) - maybeits only available to usa as yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back