Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Backup Agent 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petaverde

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
GB
I have E2k running on a server and arcserve2000 running on another server, I have installed the backup agent on the server running exchange. When I try to browse the exchange environment in arcserve manager I get the error message DBAgent does not exist.... Am I doing something very stupid? Anyone got this working?

Knock on wood, I just got mine working fully yesterday.

My guess would be that you missed something on the agent setup. Make sure that the agent has been configured by going into the agent on the E2k box from the start menu. Make sure the agent services are running. Also, I have found that my problems would never get fixed, no matter what I did, until I rebooted both boxes.

Also, I don't know what version of Arcserve and the agent you are running, but Arcserve 2000, requires SP3 and QO13760.

Good luck,
Debi

I have been trying to get this backup agent for exchange working and have been unsuccesful. When I try to configure the agent I get "Failed to get the information for the specified account, EC=1314." I am configuring these options with the dbagent account that I have created in the domain. It is a member of administrators and of backup operators. I have delegated exchange admin rights to it. I have stopped and started rpc services and gave it log on as a service right. That account is able to open outlook, it can open system manager. I can't think of anything else.

I have the same problem E2k running on a server and arcserve2000 on another I have installed the backup agent on the server running exchange. When I try to browse to exchange I get the error message DBAgent does not exist
I have installed SP3 the DBagent account is the account that is the account used to install e2k and is a member of everything default Domain admins.
HELP

I have the same problem E2k running on a server and arcserve2000 on another I have installed the backup agent on the server running exchange. When I try to browse to exchange I get the error message DBAgent does not exist
I have installed SP3 the DBagent account is the account that is the account used to install e2k and is a member of everything default Domain admins.
HELP

I had the same problem, what I did was to log on as that account and configure the exchange backup agent from there, then everything went smooth for some reason.

Tried that?

>I have been trying to get this backup agent for exchange >working and have been unsuccesful. When I try to configure >the agent I get "Failed to get the information for the >specified account, EC=1314." I am configuring these >options with the dbagent account that I have created in >the domain. It is a member of administrators and of backup >operators. I have delegated exchange admin rights to it. I >have stopped and started rpc services and gave it log on >as a service right. That account is able to open outlook, >it can open system manager. I can't think of anything >else.

Hoi There

I got the same problem is there already al solution for this problem

thanks

Jan

1) Backup agent RPC service has to be started.
2) Go thru the Network. ( Not thru the client agent )

If you still have the same problem... Uninstall the agent and install it from .....

3) Download Sp3.. After extracting sp3 and install the Exchange agent from the folder Exchange.DBA.

SP3 Link

4) Apply Sp4 for ARCserve...

Give the necessary permissions for the exchange user as per the URL ...

Hope this Helps...

Well, I have just managed to get my E2k agent working...(pretty much).

I had the problem mentioned above regarding the error "Failed to get the information for the specified account, EC=1314."

You do have to log onto the E2k server as the account e.g dbagent and the only thing extra I did that was not included in the documentation was to grant the dbagent account "act as part of operating system" perms on the local exchange server. (This is something that you had to do on previous version i.e. on NT and exch 5.5). I had also granted the "log on as service" and "log on locally" permission on the local machine, but it only let me configure it after the "act as part of os" was assigned.

I was able configure the agent then. Oh yeah, I also discovered that the exchange alias has to be unique in the entire organisation, not just your site :)

SP4 on arcserve 2000 AE and on Exch2k agent. Exch sp3.

Regards,

Jon

Hey Nice work Spiney

That was it for me Log in as ABAGENT (or whatever account you have used) then the setup run first time.

Thanks for that.....

I sent 3 emails to CA, and every time they have just sent me back a cut & paste from the manual. Duh!!! Thats what you call support.

Simon

Thanks and I just successfully solved the EC=1314 problem when installing backup agent on the Exchange server 2000... However, another problem I have now...

On the Arcserve 2000 server, I can see the Exchange Server on the browser, but it shows an error message "DBAgent does not exist" when clicking the Microsoft Information Store object...

HELP~~~

Joe

Hi Jim

The error I had was what was said on this tread

"Failed to get the information for the specified account, EC=1314."

3 emails to CA, and as I said I just got bits of the manual, I have the manual and made it clear to CA that I had followed it carefully, so please dont just quote the manual. When the 3rd email arived again it was just a cut and paste from the manual, I thought it was best to get some proper help, and within seconds of searching there was the answer, if you are getting the above error (stated in full everytime to CA) make sure you log in as DBAGENT (or whatever account you used) before you run the setup, I did that worked first time. That is not in the manual. Its a pretty sad day for CA when a forum can answer a question within seconds that they can't answer in 3 clear emails.

Simon

Check if the FAQ for configuring Exhcange agent on this forum helps...

cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I also now facing this problem. And have configure all the information mentioned here. Finally, when I login using dbagent and try to run exchange backup agent. It still has error and returns "Failed to read Exchange server name from registry"

There is also a log file - exchverify.log showing

<EXCH-VERIFY>: ERROR: RegOpenKeyEx() failed with key[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters]
<EXCH-VERIFY>: ERROR: ExchGetServerName() return[23]

Is there any misconfiguration before?

Thanks for your answers about the account problem in the exchange agent, it really helped us..!

After logging in with the right useraccount to configure the Agent, we had to do two extra things in order to get a connection between the backupserver and the agent.

- adding the &quot;domain admin&quot; group to the share and ntfs rights and give them full controll. This was done on the ARCSERVE$ dir AND on the dir where the agent was installed in. After having done this, all worked fine..

Regards, Ferdinand

Hello world,

I've got a different problem than those described in the other posts in this thread.

I have to warn you guys that I'm a newbie at Exchange, I'm more of a Novell guy forced by circumstances to service Windows 2000 and Exchange.

On a Dell Poweredge 2600 (dual proc. and 2Gb memory) we run Windows 2000AS with SP3 and all patches applied. On the same machine runs Exchange 2000.

We've installed ARCserve 2000WG (SP4), Backup Agent for Open Files NT/2000 and Backup Agent for Exchange, again on the same machine.

We than had the issue that in the Manager (locally on the server), as soon as we selected anything &quot;Exchange related&quot;, we had to login (which we did) after which an error appeared :

ACCESS DENIED: Cross-Edition products (Workgroup, Enterprise, etc) cannot function together. Please update your Client or Backup Agent's edition to match the edition of the ARCserve Manager.

This message seems to be straightforward, but in the readme on the CD it states that the Agent for Exchange is meant for the WG ed. as well as for the Adv. ed.

Some posts in a forum addressing a simular problem recommended to re-apply SP4 on ARCserve and the agents, so I did. It made no difference whatsoever.

Any thoughts on this ?

Kind regards.
---
Query(2B.OR.NOT(2B))
---

Welp, tried everything on here and of course ca won't get back to my email(s).

When I try to configure this thing I get &quot;Failed to add SYSTEM privilige to the specified account, EC=%d, EC=1326&quot;

I've done all of the permissions opening for the local machine using gpedit.msc, am logged in using my dbaexch account, have rebooted both boxes, neither sp3 nor sp3 will install on the arcserve box (related issue?) so I can't try installing the sp3 version of the exchange agent, the rpc service is running using the exchange account, mail profile is configured fine, resolving name from another client and send the backup agent an email.

running sp3 for exchange and windows 2000 sp2 btw.

anyone care to take a stab?

thanks and HI,
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back