Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 ad OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2001
US
I am trying to setup my users with OWA, but they can not login.

I have gone through several of the TechNet docs with no avail.

If I put the user in the Administrators group the can login and get there mail (Less than desirable)

If I go to the M: Exchange Vitrual Drive and try to look and there right, the administrator can not view the rights.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Richard

I think the problem is solved through the IIS admin MMC. You need to set at least Basic authentication on the website on your Exchange server. Remember that Basic authentication lets passwords go over the internet unencrypted. Better to get an SSL cert. or, if you have control over what platform the users are on, Digest or Integrated Authentication.

Thanks for the reply but Basic Authentication is already setup.

it seems that the primary domain (smtp) is not the same as domain of your ad. so you need to setup a virtual directory in Exchange virtual server section (http) for this domain.
regards
frank

Fraso

Could you explain alittle more?

My domain is COVINGTON.COM, my EXCHANGE VIRTUAL SERVER points to M:\Covington.com\mbx

Have a look at this MS article, If Admins can access OWA and users cannot, it sounds like permissions/access problem. In early versions of Exchange 2000 and 5.5, users had to have Log on locally access to logon to OWA. Admins have this permission by default. I would check the settings detailed in this article first. If that doesn't work, can you give some more information, what errors/messages do you get?
Regards,
Joe
PS Do NOT mess with the M: drive. It will only cause more problems.

Glynnj

I read the article. I change and gave access to the users group. No avail.

It prompts me for the logon ID three time and then I get a error message Access Denied.

Thanks

Are you trying to contact an Exchange server in a DMZ?

Just wondering as I had the same problem before I made sure I had opened up all (ugghhh and there is a bunch) of the ports required.

wattsup

Can you check the following in IIS on the Exchange Server -
Properties of the Exchange, ExchWeb, Public virtual directories. Directory Security - Anonymous access ...
Basic Authentication = on
Integrated Windows Authentication = on
Domain = your domain name

When OWA loads, it uses these three virtual folders, which sounds like your 3 logon prompts.

Have you given the users access to OWA -Users & computers -View Advanced settings - Exchange Advanced - Protocol settings - Http settings - Enable for mailbox?

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back