Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 200 backup failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

enormousson

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
GB

I am having trouble performing successful Exchange backups, consistently getting an error like the one below, during the start of the backup.

Information Store (3060) fab7e679-e4bf-4e42-ab5d-a379b933da7a: The backup has stopped with error -521.

The backup file is created, and then some data is written, and then the error will occur.

looking up the error code I find it is a generic error code and can be related to anti-virus products, however, disabling these has made no change and the error still occurs.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated thanks!

To add some more useful information (and to clarify i mean Exchange 2000 instead of 200!)

We are running Windows 2000 Advanced server SP4,
And I am using the NTBackup utility.
Also, this has worked in the past with no problems in the same configuration as it is currently.

thanks

it might do thanks - its not really the same error, but does tell me how to defragment and repair the information store, which may be relevant, although would require downtime i can't allow right now...

Downtime now could mean a working DB. Wait around and the store may go down irretrievably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back