Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exch 07 and VM to EM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJCA53

Technical User
Jan 18, 2008
US
I know that Avaya does not support Exchange 2007 with the IP Office system. That being said, is anyone out there doing this, and if so, does it work ok or what are the issues / workarounds?
I am currently starting testing on this and would appreciate any suggestions. This is a dealbreaker for us with migrating to Exch 07 if we can't get this to work.

IP Office supports Exchange 2007. The IMS product, which has now been replaced by UMS, did not support Exchange 2007. UMS in IP Office 4.2 doesn't communicate with your email server but instead communicates directly with your email client (Outlook, etc).

With IP Office R5, due out in August, UMS will integrate with the message store in Exchange 2007 and allow for a single message store and voicemail/email inbox.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

OK - interesting that my info came from Avaya Tier 3.

That must be a bad tech !
Kyle is absolute right
Even OCS is in the roadmap

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks - I just did two tests with the sender being an account on Exch 2003 going to a test user on Exch 2007 and that worked just fine. I will have to do a 2007 to 2007 setup during our maintenance window or off-hours to confirm that works as well. Just making sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back