Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exception Report showing a non join condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratfry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
US
I have several Oracle tables (4) that are joined to create a report. Left outer join on table 3 to 4 gives me a complete file of the records I am looking for. It works fine.

Now I am now trying to create another report which is really a sub-set of this report showing only the joins of tables 1-2-3 that DONOT have a 4 table connection (exception error condition) . I can’t seem to make this work.

I have tried to select the presence or non presence of data in the table 4 but I usually wind up with a blank report.

Need some ideas on how to make this work, I have run out of ideas and my searches haven’t really identified any solutions. I have to admit this has been a difficult situation to search for and also title.

Thanks a lot for any help…..

Gary

Do a Save As from the orignal report and then adapt it. In this case you are looking for cases where the linked record is missing, which can be done using ISNULL on one its field, somehting like account number, a value that would never be null if the record were there.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Works like a champ(ISNULL) ...Thanks and have a good one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back