Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel97, How to find new end of sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevsim

Instructor
Apr 18, 2000
AU
With a spreadsheet containing data,to Find the end and select the total area, you press Control+Shift+End. If I remove the data, when I press Control+Shift+End the same area is selected. How can the new End be detected?<br>I am using a spreadsheet Range A1 to BI12,when saved file size is 458KB. I import data then run VB Code, this may take the sheet to Row 4896, I then clear all the imported data and save the spreadsheet, the file size increases dramatically. When I use Control+Shift+End it still shows Cell 4896 as the End Cell although there is no data.<br>Could somebody please assist with my problem.<br>Kevsim<br>

I tried this and it did not work.<br>I first selected the area, then Edit/Clear/All and Saved, no go.<br>Then selected area, Edit/Clear/Contents, and Saved, no go.<br>Is there something I am missing?<br>kevsim<br>

Kev:<br><br>Go to last completely blank column and select the entire column by clicking on the column letter. Hit Shift-Ctrl and the right arrow, then edit-clear-all.<br><br>Go to last completely blank row and select the entire row by clicking on the row number. Hit Shift-Ctrl and the down arrow, then edit-clear all.<br><br>Save the file. It should then work for you. If it doesn't, I suspect corruption in your file. Copy the sheet(s) to a new workbook and try again. <p> <br><a href=mailto:techsupportgirl@home.com>techsupportgirl@home.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back