Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia2a

Technical User
Aug 8, 2000
US
In Excel if I put a date in a cell 6/30 and drag it down to the next cell the number changes to 6/31 if I drag and drop down more it increments to 6/32, 6/33 and so on. How do I stop this just cut and paste? or what.

Thanks in advance to all of you

Hi,

How about if cut and paste, or you could try cganging the cell type to a text cell, if you do not need to perform any calculations on it.

Apart from that i think that is a in built thing in excel. Not being rude here but you sure its a date field?? 6/33????

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for. You may want to try to Copy then Paste Special - Values.

It is a text field. I believe this is a built in function of Excel. The field is a text field and when I tried it on Excell 2000, 97 and others the same thing happened

Your question is somewhat vague, making it tough to answer. What behavior do you desire? What type of results do you want to see? Do you want them to be dates?

I figured it out, If I press the Control Key when I drag and drop, the data stays the same and does not increment.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back