Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel XP freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcalara

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
Occasionally when I am selecting a range with mouse-right-click-hold/shift/arrows, Excel freezes the keyboard and mouse. Not even Ctrl-Alt-Del works and I had to manually switch off the computer. The freeze does not occur exactly when I am selecting but I don't at what point because I was doing things quickly. When I try to do it deliberately it doesn't happen, only when I am not paying attention to my finger movements.

Anybody having a similar experience?

OS is WinXP on a 400 MHz Celeron system, 256Mb RAM.

Exactly the same problem. See thread68-433738 for the comments that I got and still no resolution. I've since uninstalled Office XP and went back to Office 2000. I've only had the problem once since.

Increase in memory may be the only recourse that I can tell.

Good luck.

WW

WW,

Thanks for the lead to the thread. Very helpful in proving that the latest version is not necessarily an improvement, and in the case of ExcelXP, it may even be retrograde. I will switch to Office 2000.

Thanks again,

Joven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back