Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel version... dll problem...!!! Create a package!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco75

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hi,

I just finished my VBA macro and I tried It on another user's machine but a error happened! Excel is unable to load some components...

I looked for the references and discover that some were missing and some were of the wrong version! like "Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library" instead of "Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library"!

Can someone give me advices to create a package... if it is possible in VBA for sure!! Otherwise if anyone has a suggestion.

thanks

Excel 9.0 is Excel2000. I assume Excel 10.0 is Excel XP. That's just a function of which version of Excel is loaded on them computer. In what part of your code are the errors occurring?
Rob
[flowerface]

You probably need to create the package with the latest version of the files. I had this problem incorporating the Outlook library without any difficulty. I think the only problem you may have will be using functions that are only available in the newer version. You may still want to wait for others to chime in on this, for I've only had experience with the one issue.

Yeah, I want to create a package with the version of the files im using... If I do so will I overwrite the old excel files on the other's PC? Will I mix up the existing excel and bug these ones?

If someone know how to do a package please tell me!

thanks

Hi Rob,

Yes I verified and some have Office2000(9.0) and others have OfficeXP(10.0). The problem occurs when I open the vba Edit Screen of Excel... the DateTimePicker's are not loaded... and when I look in the References I got;

- Visual Basic for Applications
- Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library
- OLE Automation
- Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library
- Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
- Ref Edit Control
- Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0
- Disk Management Snap-In Object Library
- Missing:Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0

and what I got on my PC (I guess that's what I need) is;

- Visual Basic for Applications
= Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library
- OLE Automation
= Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Library
- Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
- Ref Edit Control
= Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP3)
- Disk Management Snap-In Object Library
= Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP3)

[hammer]

In VB we have a tool to create such packages... but in VBA? I searched but found nothing!!!

you are using the DateTime picker control in your macro/form

this control is part of Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (MSCOMCT2.OCX)

this file needs to be present (and registered) on the user's machine

you can try copying the .OCX file into the user's system folder then try registering it using REGSVR32.EXE

open a command prompt window
go into you system folder
cd \windows\system
enter the following
REGSVR32.EXE MSCOMCT2.OCX

The command worked well, I choose to do a .bat file that copy and register the .ocx files I need.

thanks a lot all! [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back