Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel VBA Loop Rows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgarite

Programmer
Feb 26, 2008
US
Hello all, this is my first post/first VBA encounter...
Files I have:
1 ebay export of orders (csv)
1 yahoo orders file (csv)
1 yahoo items file (csv)

What I am trying to accomplish:
I need to move the data from the eBay export file to the two yahoo files. The number of rows in the eBay exports file will vary of course, but I do not know how to work with loops so I have set it to work with a large range (ie: A2:A100). This works fine (although I would rather it work on a loop) for the Yahoo orders file (although I have to clean the file of excess rows that have been filled with pre-generated text strings I created) however does not work so well with the yahoo items file. Heres why:
The Yahoo Items file has three rows for every order (All are to be pulled from the eBay orders export):
Row 1: Item Info
Row 2: Shipping Info
Row 3: Tax Info
I managed to loop it, but it doesnt go past the first item and gets stuck in the loop until I hit the escape key. Because the macro I made is so utterly messy and long, I have decided to attach the file rather than copy and paste it. When the macro is run, it will generate the two yahoo formats as two new spreadsheets. The inital spreadsheet you will see is an example of an ebay export.

If I was not clear enough, please let me know what I can tell you to make it clearer as I am really struggling to get this done. After the loop is complete, I also have another question, but I will post it after...one thing at a time :) Thanks in advance.

If you get no visible tables, hit the OPTIONS button and check ALL checkboxes.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]I'll be dressed to the nines this week, as I go to have my prostatectomy...
Because, if I'm gonna BE impotent, I want to LOOK impotent![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back