Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel VBA add text box and copy cell contents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkserious

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
Using Excel 2010, I have a table on Sheet1 with column headers: date, time, shift, manager and notes. Each day my managers enter a separate record for any issues they may have encountered throughout the day. On a separate sheet (Sheet4) I have a dynamic calendar setup. I would like to click on a particular date in the calendar and have a text box for each entry for that day appear. There will be multiple entries per shift per day. The text box would begin positioning at U4:AO4. Its width would remain constant; however, it's length would be sized according to the text. Each subsequent record would then be positioned underneath the previous in its own text box.

I'm not well versed in VBA,so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Fields in ONE CELL: see my post 3 Sep 11 12:35

or

down a column with each field in a subsequent cell: use the COPY PasteSpecial TRANSPOSE method, after your current query

The font can be changed in parts of a cell, using the Characters property.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back