Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
I have an excel document on the local Intranet. Users need to update comments onthe spreadsheet on a daily basis. What is the easiest way these users can update their own spreadsheet without trying to find the original spot where the document is stored?

Everytime changes are made to the document and they close the browser, it asks them to save the document, but it wants to default to their local C:\. I want it to default to the application server where the document resides.

Any suggestions?

Chefboy

you will need to run it off access and use asp to the best of my knowledge "blah blah blah blah blah..."-Dennis Quaid

unless you have your all users map into the application server(not reccommended) then asp is probabbly the only way you will achieve this The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Not the answers I was looking for, but thanks for your responses.

Chefboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back