Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel to VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greedo

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
JP
I posted this before and I got some help but I think I wasn't really clear enough about the problem.

I am trying to get about 6 cells worth of data from one sheet in excel, about 4 cells worth from another sheet, do some simple calculations with those numbers, and then put the results into a third excel sheet.

Using my current algorithm I need to get all this data into an array multiple times (ie, a 6 x 6 matrix with the same 6 values in different patterns or a 4 x 4 of the same type).

I know how many variables there are, it is always the same: 6 of one type and 4 of the other.

The spreadsheet will already be opened so there shouldn't be any need to open it inside VB (although this might be one of the many things I don't understand).

Anyway, thank you everyone for your patience. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back