Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithph

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
GB
Can anyone tell me where the Excel template is that Excel uses when it starts up? And is it possible to tailor this to make the default page setup read A4 page rather than Letter? I need to find this for Office 2000 and for Office XP as most file names and locations seem to be different with XP

Your template is set up in Word when using Office2000.
In Word click on Tools-Options. Go to the File Location tab. Under User Templates is where the templates are located. You can modify to change location. You can also use Workgroup Template as an additional place to store templates. We use this for our network.

The only way I know how to change the page setup is to make a template for A4. Then you could put a shortcut on your desktop or where ever....

Sopman

All you do is create the template that you want to use when Excel starts up and place in the follwing directories. For Office XP it is Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart. For Office 2000 it is Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart. You do not need to save the template as a template file, but it is easier to tell what is going on if you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back