Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel sumproduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart10

MIS
Nov 2, 2007
GB
I am using excel 2003
This goes back to quite a long thred a few weeks ago

I want to sum the results of cells (only if the value in the cell is greater than zero though) This is though only for recuring groups of cells in a list of rows

eg
1 Y
2 y
5 y
6 y

ie do the sumation for row 1 and 2 an place result in a cell, then do summation for cell 5 and 6. The gap between the sumation of cells will always be constatnt

Sorry for not explaining that well

hi,
I want to sum the results of cells
What cells? Please be much more specific! Please post an example of the data you want to sum and the expected results.

What makes rows 3 & 4 different than the other rows posted? Please be very specific!

Don't be sorry for not explaining well. Just EXPLAIN IT WELL!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

See if this solves your problem.

If column A contains the numbers you wish to sum beginning with row 2, type this formula in column B starting with cell B2:

=if(A2>0,B1+A2,0)

Copy this formula down as far as you have rows. You will have a running summation for each group.

If you don't want the "0" to show on the blank lines, use a conditional format to make cell contents = 0 as "white".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back