Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel subtotals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hm786

Programmer
Apr 5, 2001
US
Hi,

I am new in writing macros in excel. I need to write a macro, showing the subtotals per headend in a Total's field for example

HeId TotHH HH
1268 DIG CMTY Yes 0 1 1255501
1268 DIG REG Yes 0 25 1255560

Based on this above data I want to show the total of HH(1+25)in the column of TotHH(instead of 0)per HEId

1269 72 6
1269 72 17

Here I need to show 23 instead of 72

Thank You,
Hamida

Hi,

Have you tried using the Data/Subtotal feature?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] The Vinyards of Texas have produced a wine with diuretic dimishment and urethric relief...
Pinot More![tongue][/sub]

Yes I used the data subtotal feature but I need to show that subtotal in the TotHH field.

Thanks,
Hamida

Would you care to elaborate on the reason for mismatching the SUBTOTAL to the column?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] The Vinyards of Texas have produced a wine with diuretic dimishment and urethric relief...

I still don't know why you want to do this, but if you have too many to do manually...
Code:
Sub MoveSubtotals()
    Dim r As Range
    For Each r In Range([A2], [A2].End(xlDown))
        If Right(r.Value, 5) = "Total" Then
            With r.End(xlToRight)
                .Cut .Offset(0, -1)
            End With
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back