Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Spreadsheet file size limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abradford

MIS
Oct 12, 2006
US
Is there a size limit to an excel spreadsheet import into access? I have a spreadsheet that is constantly growing, it had 667, rows(1326 kb)yesterday and imported into a new table fine. Now it has 753 rows (1,441 kb)and won't import..."an error occurred while importing..." I deleted some rows, and it worked. How do it get around this?

There is a limit of 250, as far as I recall, on columns, but no row limit, as such. Have you tried importing the rows that won't import by themselves? It seems likely that there is an error in one of them.

You can use TransferSpreadsheet, you can link to the Excel sheet and use a make table query, and you can save as CSV and read in the lines one by one.

hmm, ok not to great with code, where can i find instructions on how to do this?

You can search in these fora and Help for the various keywords associated with the different options.

I expect some of your rows in Excel don't conform with expected data types. Do you get a table of import errors?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back