Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Shortcuts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2004
US
Hi,

Is there a shortcut key in Excel which will allow me to toggle between two separate spreadsheets within the same file? Also, if I have multiple spreadsheets in one file, is there a way to display that information in two rows, similiar to increasing the size of the toolbar?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi ultrcyclist,

to toggle between sheets in the same file press ctrl + pg up.... this will toggle to the right... ctrl + pg dn will toggle to the left.

In relation to your second question, it depends on what data you are trying to display.. if in sheet 1 there is data in column A, in sheet 2 data in column A... you could:

in sheet 3

in cell A1 for example: =Sheet1!A1 then,

in cell B1 =Sheet2!A1

which would show you what is in sheet A and what is in sheet B. You would need to copy the formula's down as well.

You may need to explain further exactly what you want....

regards,

vaneagle

Hi Vaneagle,

Thanks for the shortcut tip,I stumbled on this a few times by accident, but did not catch which keys I was striking.

To clarify my second question, I have approximately 25 spreadsheets contained within one file. As you know you can only view so many tabs before scrolling L or R. I want to know if there is a way to expand the toolbar size in order to see all tabs on two rows without scrolling.

Thanks,
Tom

Haven't come across a way of having sheet tabs on two rows.

But a good way to see a lot of tab names for navigation is to right click the sheet tab scroll buttons ( bottom left of window ), which then displays a short-cut menu for navigation to about 15 tabs ( and an option to display a dialog for "More Sheets ..." if more exist ).

Cheers, Glenn.

Its helpful to use the correct nomenclature...workbook and worksheet instead of the generic "file".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back