Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel sheet with a batch file using the power of queries in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2017
PR

Excel 2010 once in Access 2010 has the power of queries, Its modified in Access 2010 to update all queries, what function does it help to also change the queries to Append.

Should the excel 2010 file inside Access 2010 be linked before or after.

Margarita

Excel file (or rather a part of it, a table in a worksheet) can be a linked table in access, first. Table or tables can be processed in access by queries. In excel file you can get external data by referencing access query, so the data flow could be:
excel tables => links in access => queries in access => link to access queries in excel.

Excel power query can be used for quite sophisticated data processing, incl. linking and joining tables. It's a built-in feature in excel 2016, in 2013 it's free com add-in from microsoft.

combo

Using the power of queries in Access 2010 by linking an excel 2010 table gives me the results where exactly.

In a query i linked
In a table i linked
Both.

My request is to open it up and print it then, right.

Ques. Can i open up the query linked to excel table to find my results?

But i want to go a little further than that. I want to update all i link to that excel table, open it up and print. Can i do this.

My problem is this!!!!!! I am working with Access 2010. And need to see results in Append and update queries. When i bring my batch file to Access from Excel 2010.

Concerned i might not succeed getting my appended records show in all of my appended and updated queries.

Could you be more specific in description of required data flow, processing, application type and storage? For instance:
[excel, table tbl1] => [access, linked excel table tbl1] => [access, query qry1: ([linred excel table tbl1], [acces table tbl2])] => [excel, table tb3: (external data from access qry1)]

combo

Pseudocode of TOR
1. Start
2. Open up Access
3. Import excel
4. Read multiple pages
5. Append to a permanent Access table
6. Use qry to show individual archives
7. Produce a pivot table of archives
8. Filter a menu
9. A.import data
b. Revise duplicates
c. Export pivot table back to excel
d. Informe (read from a databank)
e. year to year analysis of drop outs
10. End

I'm not very sure, if i should use append in all my queries, Update queries or just simple queries. Since i working with over 9,400 data records, everytime i bring in a table from excel, i only want all the queries to update. That's all.

Please help me, i have been detained trying to find the right choice.

Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ab1718c5-dd38-4c9b-b0de-497a8088b550&file=TORS_DESIGN_CURRENT_2-_ME.docx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back