Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel sheet to AutoCAD Dwg

Status
Not open for further replies.

singoi

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
DE
Hallo,

I wanna bring an Excel sheet into AutoCAD drawing.

So what i made is to insert OLE object and then the Excel sheet which i saved. but the problem is its not bringing all the columns.i have given the columns till AU but the excel sheet which is visible in AutoCAD is till V or something like this.

can any one please give me the solution.

Singoi.

From Autodesk....

Microsoft® Excel spreadsheets is truncated when pasted into drawing

Published date: 2001-01-22
ID: TS17397

Applies to:
AutoCAD® 2002
AutoCAD® 2000i
AutoCAD® 2000
AutoCAD LT® 2002
Issue

You paste a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet into a drawing, but the spreadsheet is truncated.

Solution

When an Excel spreadsheet is pasted, the Picture (metafile) format is used, which can result in the spreadsheet being truncated. This problem can occur when the column width and row height in Excel are set to the default (default width is 8.43, and default height is 12.75), and the pasted object exceeds 18 columns by 70 rows.

Use one or both of these methods to resolve the problem:

Method #1
In Excel, reduce the column width and row height. You can paste more of the spreadsheet if you reduce the column width and row height.

Method #2
Paste the spreadsheet in separate parts. By pasting the spreadsheet in separate parts you can break it down into several smaller OLE objects.

Hi Singhoi,

Believe it or not, this is actually a Windows limitation, if you need to paste all the columns, you'll need to paste these as AutoCAD entities.

HTH
Todd

Hallo,

Thank you for the Answer.

I have tried the first Method but its in Vain. couldnt get the required solution.

Tried the Second Method by pasting the same excel sheet into two parts. But I need the whole Excel sheet as single part but as from the second method i find them intwo parts.
is there any way of merging them into single after inserting the excel sheet into AutoCAD.

Coz I do lot of calculations in Excel sheets and wanna directly insert the whole sheet into Autocad which will be at ease for end user. What would be the right method inorder to do so.

Thanking you,

Singoi

I had the same problem and just recently stumbled upon an answer (I think). I haven't had time to really dig into it, but I think that I found a program that will insert the excel spreadsheets and still keep it linked to update the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back