Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Sheet tabs vanished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aishaa

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
CA
My sheet tabs have vanished.
I tried tools>options>view and made sure sheet tabs is checked off, but to no avail.
Then I also tried maximizing the window, but I still can't find my sheet tabs.
Can anyone help me?
TIA

Hi Aishaa,

I'm a bit low on time here at the moment, so am taking a short cut ...

"Troubleshoot working with workbooks and worksheets" in the Help Files gives a couple more options you could try.

Hope you find the answer there.

LRH

Dear Aishaa

The tabs are turned on and off in Tools - Options. Select the View tab (at the top) and down to the right-hand corner you'll see a check box for Sheet Tabs.

The only other thing that could remove them would be going to Full Screen (on the View menu). Select it again to go back to Normal.

Best regards

Paul

I still can't find my missing sheets with the above suggestions....
When I start up the Particular book I am working on, I momentarily see the tabs before they disappear, so at least I know they are somewhere.
Also, if I start up a blank book, the sheet tabs are there no problem, so I know I don't have to reinstall Excel.

But I still have to recover the sheets that are missing - would anyone have any other suggestions as to how to retrieve them?
TIA

Hi I had a similar problem, each time I went to open the excel sheet it would display nothing, but if you went to print preview you can see the sheet. What i did was I opened a new excel sheet which showed the tabs, I then opened the excel sheet from there and that solved my problem. You can try the same on yours it might work!!
Good Luck!!

Thank you for all the suggestions, but the last one didn't work either - would anyone have anymore suggestions?
TIA

Just a thought in the middle of night ...

The horizontal scroll bar hasn't been extended to the left has it - so that it 'hides' the tabs in that particular workbook?

Where the sheet tabs are supposed to be - is the horizonal scroll bar extending all the way across the entire length of the workbook?

Try going to Tools\Options\View tab and turning off the Horizontal Scroll Bar (ie untick it) - can you see the tabs then?

I will suggest you some tips, hope it works. I think the horizontal bar has covered the sheet tabs and its the reason why you can't see the tabs. Try to drag the horizontal bar towards your right from the left. If you find difficulty in that then goto Tools -> Options -> in the VIEW TAB uncheck the horizontal bar. Now you can see the tabs.

Bye bye.. I guess it will work.

Hi,

I'm running MS Excel 2000 on NT 4. Is there a way to alphabetize Excel Sheet Tabs or add colors to the table name?

Thanks in advance!

jpbgolf@gis.net

Aishaa:

Open your Excel file. Hit Window-Arrange, and OK. No need to make a selection, just Window-Arrange, OK. Then, you'll have a blue Bar for Excel's program window, and another for your workbook. Double-click the blue bar of the workbook to have it fit properly inside the program window.

jpbgolf: No offense, but there's a button at the top of the Microsoft: Office Forum window to start your own question.

However, to alphabetize automatically requires code. Colored tabs aren't available until Excel 2002(XP). Anne Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back