Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel "Compile Error in hidden module: ModCode" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
One specific spreadsheet always comes up with this error when I try to open it. This is on a new laptop with Office 2007 Pro. The laptop came with Office starter 2010 on it already, and I added 2007 Pro as I had a license for it already. Would the issue be that I need to remove the free 2010 starter edition from the laptop or is this error due to something else?

Hi,

One specific spreadsheet
Do you mean One specific WORKBOOK?

If you (alt+F11) toggle to the VB Editor. There is probably VBA code in this workbook, and it may be trying to activate a hidden sheet.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I can't press alt+F11, it says it is protected. This is a price configuration provided by my distributor that I then open with excel and can use to quote clients. With my old laptop, never had an issue. Now, I get this error.

Some kind of VBA error. I'd check with the publisher.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

do you have any add-ins, I've struck this issue before, mainly in Word, and it's been caused by an add-in which office didn't like. once i removed the add-in it was ok after that.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back