Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Pivot Table Drill Down Font Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2002
US
I love pivot tables. I love the option where if you double click in one of the cells it drills down to show you records. My question is, how do I change the font size of the records you see from the drill down? I have a lot of data there, and I want to make it smaller so more fits on the screen. I changed the font size on the source data, no go.

I could change my excel default font size, but this is a report I would send out to people and I don't know if that would work if my default is small but their's is not. Any ideas?

It is your Standard Font in Tools > Options > General tab.

Make yourself a macro to do the formatting for the sheets that you send out.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]I'll be dressed to the nines this week, as I go to have my prostatectomy...
Because, if I'm gonna BE impotent, I want to LOOK impotent![tongue][/sub]

How can I make a macro fire when I double click for the drill down? I tried recording a macro to try and replicate it, but I don't know how to trigger it.

Normally we do not do VBA code here, rather in Forum707

But in the interest of expediency.......

Right-click the sheet tab and select View Code

Select the ThisWorkbook object in the Project Explorer.

Paste this code in the Code Window...
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
   if left(sh.name,5) = "Sheet" then
      Call YourSheetFormatProgramHere
   end if
End Sub

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]I'll be dressed to the nines this week, as I go to have my prostatectomy...
Because, if I'm gonna BE impotent, I want to LOOK impotent![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back