Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Painfully slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2000
US
Had anyone encountered the problem of Excel being painfully slow, say withing the past month or so? I have a number of users on our network that are complaining of slow response from Excel when starting the program, starting a new workbook, saving, typing, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some of the users have default directories on the network, others on their local drives.&nbsp;&nbsp;In some cases, it's taking up to 5 minutes to launch Excel from the desktop or Office tool bar. I'm starting to get complaints about Access too. Please advise.<br>Thanks,

Hello,

Have you found a solution to this problem. I am experiencing it as well and am having trouble find resources on how to solve it. If you have suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thank you

Hi All,

Ran into this problem this today. Try this:

ctrl + shift + * to select an entire range of cells
Edit > Clear > Comments
Edit > Copy
File > New > Workbook
Edit > Paste
save as

ctrl + ` to quickly view all worksheet formulas in Excel

use Format > Column > AutoFit Selection

Whether you use it or not, check if journalling is enabled in Outlook. If it is, disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back